Accent Strings is comprised of performance-major graduates and postgraduates of the Sydney Conservatorium of Music, some members play with the Sydney Symphony Orchestra (SSO) and Australian Opera and Ballet Orchestra (AOBO).
We specialise in providing outstanding string quartets and trios for hire across the Sydney Metropolitan Area, having canvassed most of the main venues.
We have over ten years of performance experience in wedding music, corporate event music, and commercial session work
Let our superb music immortalise your special event!
We have extensive experience in the following capacities;
- weddings & receptions,
- special occasions....
- Annual General Meetings...
- Session work,
- live shows,
- television appearances....
In consultation with you, Accent Strings will tailor the musical ambience to suit your occasion's particularities and logistics. This ambience depends on factors such as ensemble type, repertoire selection, and performance space and acoustics. You may have a precise vision of what's required, a vague idea or may prefer to leave it to our artistic discretion - as you wish!
String Quartet - Violin 1, Violin 2, Viola, Cello
A Quartet is the preferred choice musically. Most music is written with a quartet in mind so renditions sound rich and balanced. A quartet can also play slightly louder than a trio. Finally a quartet is arranged in a half circle fashion so is appealing visually.
String Trio - Violin 1, Violin 2, Cello
A Trio is a quartet without the viola. A viola is like a big violin and frequently adds only harmonic richness and depth to the sound, the important melodic parts being carried on the violins. Hence for many pieces a viola can be absent without much appreciable difference in sound quality (don't tell that to viola players though!). A Trio uses less space than a quartet but cannot play as loud.
N.B. Occasionally a string duo (violin 1, Cello) or solo instrument may suit a functions logistics. For example in a recital situation, where a "wandering" violinist is required, or where performance space is greatly restricted. Generally though a quartet or trio is advisable.
String Quartet or Trio plus Singer/s (Soprano or Baritone)
We possess fine instrument-only arrangements of sacred vocal works such as Schubert's Ave Maria (see repertoire list). However, the addition of a singer in such works fully restores their devotional aspects, invoking an especially sanctified atmosphere. Highly recommended for Catholic Services.
We can organise and play with other types of musicians; organists, trumpet players, flautists, guitarists etc. However their fees must be negotiated with them.
We are also happy to play with musicians that you organise, these may include amateurs and wedding guests. If a rehearsal is needed then a fee will be required, however usually a run-through prior to performance is sufficient.
We have over eight hours of repertoire spanning Classical, Jazz and Contemporary styles. You can specify exactly what we play, leave it to our discretion or have partial involvement. If left to our discretion our music selection is guided by the nature and mood of the function and guests.
- T. Albinoni Adagio
- J.S. Bach
- Air from Orchestral suite in D Major
- Brandenburg Concerti 2, 3, and 5 Concerto for 2 violins in D minor
- Concerto for violin in E major
- Gavotte and Rondeau from Orchestral suite no 5 Ave Maria (Gounod version)
- Jesu Joy of Man’s Desiring
- Brandenburg 3
- S. Barber Adagio
- L. Beethoven Cavatina from String Quartet op 130
- Ode to Joy from Symphony no 9
- G. Bizet Habanera from 'Carmen'
- J. Brahms Hungarian Dance no 5
- L. Boccherini Minuet M.Charpentier Trumpet Prelude
- J. Clarke Trumpet Voluntary
- A. Corelli Christmas Concerto
- L. Delibes Flower Duet from 'Lakme' (+ singer) L.Denza Funiculi Funicula
- E. Elgar Salut d’amour
- C. Franck Panis Angelicus (+ singer)
- E. Grieg
- Wedding Day at Troldhaugen
- Norwegian Dance no 3
- G. Handel
- Arrival of the Queen of Sheba from Xadok the Priest
- Hallelujah Chorus from Messiah
- Largo from Xerxes
- Royal Fireworks Music
- Water Music
- J. Haydn
- String Quartets in D, G, A, F major
- G. Holst Jupiter from 'The Planets'
- F. Kreisler Schon Rosamin
- P. Mascagni Intermezzo from 'Cavalleria Rusticana'
- J. Massenet Meditation from 'Thais'
- F. Mendelssohn Wedding March from 'A Midsummer Night’s Dream'
- W. Mozart
- Divertimenti 1,2 & 3
- Eine Kleine Nachtmusik
- Exultate Jubilate
- Flute Quartet in D major
- String Quartets in C, D,G, and A major
- Symphony no 25 1st mvt.
- Various Arias from The Marriage of Figaro and The Magic Flute
- J. Offenbach
- Barcarolle from 'The Tales of Hoffman'
- Can Can from 'Orpheus in the Underworld'
- J. Pachelbel Kanon
- G. Puccini
- O Mio Babbino from' Gianni Schicci' (+ singer)
- Selections from 'La Boheme'
- H. Purcell
- Trumpet Tune
- Two Rondeaux (The Fairy Queen)
- M. Ravel Pavane for a Dead Princess
- G. Rossini Overture to 'The Barber of Seville'
- F. Schubert
- Ave Maria (+ singer)
- J. Strauss T
- ales From the Vienna Woods
- Trish Trash Polka
- Pizzicato Polka
- R. Strauss Also Sprach Zarathrusta from '2001 A Space Odyssey'
- P. Tchaikovsky
- Andante Cantabile from String Quartet no 2
- Waltz from 'Sleeping Beauty' R.
- Wagner Bridal March from 'Lohengrin' Bridal March
- A. Vivaldi
- The Four Seasons: Spring, Autumn, Winter, Summer
- Concerto grosso in D minor
Concerto for 2 violins in A minor
Pop / Jazz
- Albert Feelings
- Anderson Forgotten dreams
- Happy Bday
- Simple gifts
- Amazing grace
- Danny Boy
- O Waly Waly
- Happy Birthday
- Advance Australia fair
- Waltzing Matilda
- Christmas Carols
- Ochi Chonya (Dark eyes)
- Somewhere over the rainbow (from Wizard of Oz)
- Stormy Weather (from Cotton Club)
- A hard days night
- All you need is love
- Back in the USSR
- Day tripper
- Eleanor Rigby
- Yellow submarine
- When I'm sixty four
- I feel pretty
- Maria (from West Side Story)
- Bocelli Con Te Partiro (from Barcelona Olympic Games)
- Brooks You Light Up My Life
- Carmichael Star Dust
- Carpenter Goodbye to love
- Copland Hoedown from Rodeo
- Donaldson Makin' whoopee
- Don't get around much anymore
- It don't mean a thing if it aint got that swing
- Fisher Chicago
- Foster love theme from St Elmo's Fire
- Gardel Por Una Cabeza from 'Scent of a Woman'
- Garland in the mood
- Garner Misty
- Someone to Watch Over Me
- I Got Rhythm
- The Man I Love
- My man's gone now
- Fascinating rhythm
- Embraceable You
- Do It Again
- Haggart Whats new
- Hamlisch The Way We Were Ice Castles
- Hendrix Purple haze
- Horner My heart will go on (from Titanic)
- Hupfeld As time goes by (from Casablanca)
- At Last
- Love is all around
- The Entertainer
- Elite Syncopations
- Lightfoot If you could read my mind
- The summer knows (from Summer of '42)
- What are you doing for the rest of your life? (from the Happy Ending)
- Lloyd Webber
- Memory (from Cats)
- All I ask of you (from Phantom of the Opera)
- Music of the night (from Phantom of the Opera)
- Mancini Moon River from 'Breakfast at Tiffany’s'
- McBroom The Rose
- Masser The Greatest Love of All
- Night and day
- Let's do it
- Begin the beguine (from Jubilee)
- I love Paris (fom Can-Can)
- Rainger Thanks for the Memory
- Rodgers My Funny Valentine (from Babes in Arms)
- Rota Romeo & Juliet Love theme
- The Godfather theme
- Shearing Lullaby of Birdland
- Sondheim Send in the clowns (from a Little Night Music)
- Streisand Evergreen (from A Star is Born)
- Suessdorf Moonlight in Vermont
- The Turtle Dove
- El Choclo The Nightingale
- Ungar Ashokan farewell