music of the Andes
We are the group, InkaMarka, based in Melbourne, Australia, who plays music from South America.
Music of the Andes. A very exciting group that plays music from South America. Andean music is traditional music from Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador and Chili. They combine the haunting melodies of the Panflute and Quena (bamboo flute) with rich sounds of the guitar and Charango (small ten string instrument). Inka Marka play traditional and contemporary music.
Andean music is traditional music from Bolivia, Peru, and Ecuador
Our energetic performances include traditional and contempory music from this region.
InkaMarka combine the haunting melodies of the Panflute and Quena with the rich string sounds of the Guitar, Charango and Violin.
Performances are well received by audiences of all ages. The music includes strong lively songs, to slow, ethereal and mystical melodies of the Inka nation, of times past and almost forgotten.
The band members have long individual careers as performers and entertainers both in Australia and overseas
Inkamarka have played throughout Australia, Japan, the Pacific region, Africa and the Americas and would now like to bring their unique blend of South American music to you.
Should you be interested in booking the band, or would just like further information, please feel free to contact us.
Inka Marka Performances ……
Inka Marka has proven to be a very popular act at the many Festivals and Venues where they have performed. Here is a list of recent places where they have performed.
- Singapore Latin American Festival 2002
- Moomba Celebrations 2002/99/98/97
- Australia Day 2002/2001/2000 Celebrations
- New Caledonia Concert tour 2001/ 1998
- Sarawak International Rainforest Festival, Borneo, Malaysia 2002/2000
- Canberra National Folk Festival 2001/1998
- United Nations Day celebrations Government- House Canberra 2001
- Port Fairy Folk Festival 1999/98/97
- South African Cultural Tour 2000
- Canberra Multicultural Festival 1997/98/99
- Australian Gran Prix 2000/1999/98
- Bellingen Global Carnival 1999/97
- Nannup Folk Festival, WA, 2001/2002
- Queen Victoria Market Melbourne
- Melbourne International Festival 1998/97
- Melbourne Fringe Festival 1999/2000
- Crown casino Melbourne
- Kulcha Freemantle .WA.
- The Boite World music café
- Westfield Shopping centre promotions Australia wide
- Pacific Fair Shopping centre promotions Australia wide
- Government House Melbourne, Garden Party