Maldon Folk Festival, located in Central Victoria, has been held annually for more than three decades. Each year we provide a long weekend of quality entertainment at affordable prices, to suit all age groups.
Join us in Maldon October 30th to 2nd November 2009 Experience the legendary festival atmosphere, showcasing an abundance of music, dance and theatre in the historic, National Trust Classified Maldon township.
At the 2009 Maldon Folk Festival you can enjoy four days of folk music and dance, musical theatre and interactive workshops, complemented
by various activities around the Maldon township.
- Children's Entertainment in our dedicated kids marquee
- Festival Market (Stall bookings 03 5475 1484)
- Dancing - Irish Ceilidh, Family Bush Dance, Colonial Old Time Bush Dance
- Instrument Makers Exhibition
- Workshops - Dance, Song, Instruments
- The Spoken Word - Vintage Verse, Poet's Breakfast, Swagman's Breakfast & The Yarn Event
- Songwriting Competitions - Roddy Read Memorial Songwriting Competition & Maldon Minstrel Award
- Musical Theatre Presentations
- Sessions, Busking & Chalkboard Venues
- Dedicated Blues Venue
- Traditional Gospel Concert & "Soul Music"