Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Fox Footy Presenter, Tiffany Cherry has always loved sport. Tiffany grew up in a family of sporting fanatics and has travelled the world participating, commentating and simply following her passion.
- Tiffany was born in Melbourne and attended Carey Grammar before completing her physiotherapy degree and becoming a qualified masseur.
- Tiffany's journalism career began in 1993 as a regular feature writer for Australian Runner Magazine. She also worked on 3UZ (now Sport 927) as a weekly panellist for Brian Taylor's Breakfast Sport Show.
- From 1995-99 Tiffany Cherry freelanced as a sports journalist - working for The Age, 3AW and Channel Seven's 'Talking Footy' program.
- Tiffany finally got her big break with Prime News, based in Albury as the Sports Presenter and journalist for the nightly news service.
- In 1998 Tiffany joined CNN's World Report Team as an Australian Contributor and was awarded a one month scholarship the following year to work at CNN's Headquarters in Atlanta for her outstanding work.
- In 2000 Tiffany returned from the USA to Channel Ten to co-host a Summer sports program, 'One Summer' with Matthew White and report for Ten's 'Sports Tonight'.
- Tiffany Joined Channel Seven's News Team in Melbourne as a full time Sports Reporter in May 2000. She worked on a variety of sports including Olympic Reports, Australian Tennis Open and the AFL, including live reports from the 2000 and 2001 Grand Finals.
- In January 2002 Tiffany took up an offer to join the new Fox Footy Channel as a football Presenter, Boundary Rider and News Reporter. She is the Host of the weekly 'Club Show', is the Channel's on the spot tribunal reporter and provides key features for the network. Additionally, Tiffany is a panellist on Foxtel and Channel 10's 'Beauty and the Beast".
- Tiffany loves public speaking, regularly giving talks to schools and sporting clubs, as well as hosting major functions and events for sporting and corporate groups.
- Her resume includes: # Co-Host of Melbourne's 2000 Olympic Welcome Home Parade (with David Johnston) # Hosted Red Fest Olympic Opening Ceremony Party at Melbourne's Tennis Centre # MC Leukaemia Foundation Annual Fundraiser Ball # Good Friday Appeal Channel Seven # MC World Masters Games # MC Corporate Functions Australian Tennis Open 2000 # Regular MC Sporting Fun Runs # MC Myer fashion and sporting shows, including 'Cleo Bachelor of the Year' # Women's Health and Fitness lectures
- Tiffany's interest in sport extends beyond that of most journalist as she represented Australia at the World Triathlon Championships in Montreal, Canada 1999; was ranked in the top 8 in Australia over consecutive years as a 400 metre hurdlest; was an AFL Physiotherapist for Richmond for 3 years; operated her own Physiotherapy practice; and worked with a variety of State and National Sporting Teams.
- Tiffany loves travelling and combining this with her sporting passion has been to 3 Olympic Games; 1 Commonwealth Games; US Tennis Open; British Golf Open; Tour de France and World Grand Prix Athletic Final to name a few. She has many stories to share from each unique experience.
Share on Facebook