Hoy Polloy and Triple R present the world premiere of The Real Thring written by Barry Dickins directed by Wayne Pearn Overview, The Real Thring searches and discovers Frank Thring's soul and spirit and resurrects his endless erection.
- To be shocking was the only thing that didn't bore Thring.
- He was and is an ignored gay icon until this tribute to his inimitable panache.
- He was outrageous in death as well as life.
- He remains the most famous actor, the most feared drunkard, the most missed enigma.
- He was fun and a ham and a genius.
- He was everywhere in the fifties, sixties, seventies and eighties.
- He delighted in shocking audiences and drank as though there were no tomorrows.
- In the The Real Thring you shall see that Thring is beautiful and confused, just as the sun is or the moon is, from time to time.
- This a play of faith for all who truly love those who have buoyed us. Season
12 - 27 September 2008
Tuesday to Saturday 8.15pm
Venue: Triple R Performance Space, 221 Nicholson Street, Brunswick East Tickets > Cash Only
$30 Adult , $20 Concession / Groups 10+ , $18 Tuesdays
Bookings 03 9016 3873
firstname.lastname@example.org Hoy Polloy Blog