Laurie’s Business, began as a passionate hobby. Born of the belief that everyone has a curiosity for Body Art but not all want to commit to it for life.
Laurie commenced the business with a Fine Arts background, coupled with a history of wholesale/retail sales within her own Fashion Outlet and the larger Corporate World.
Laurie’s first introduction to Body Art was via a Professional Henna Body Art Course developed by Aileen Marron of Halawa, London (one of Madonna’s preferred artists). Aileen was so impressed with Laurie’s folio, she kept it to publish in “Skin Deep” a worldwide Tattoo publication. the previous Australian Agent for Halawa “Mayo International” now refer Henna-training enquiries directly to Laurie.
With close to 14 years experience in Skin Art, Laurie has extended her services from the Mystique of Henna & the Bold world of Tattoo Inks to offer anything from Full Body Art for Fashion Catwalks, Theatre & Corporate Arenas, through to the ever inspiring world of Children’s and Adult Face Art. Her creativity is a delight for onlookers and participants alike.
When occasions call for Fantasy & Colour and Laurie’s work is not behind the scenes, she delights in theming her presentation to match the occasion. With an array of colourful Saris & wardrobe changes, she prides herself on a theatrical presentation as well as a skill base in her craft to mesmerize & dazzle.
Laurie’s talent has taken her to
- Corporate Launches,
- The Grand Prix,
- The Australian Tennis Open,
- Cirque de Soleil Opening Night,
- Children’s Parties,
- Bar Mitzvah’s,
- University Events,
- Fashion Parades,
- Theatre Productions,
- Magazine Shoots,
- Commercial Shoots & Film Shoots,
She became an Award Winning Artist at Melbourne’s 1st Body Art Competition earlier in 2009, the possibilities are limitless.
HERE IS A SUMMARY OF SOME OF THE MORE PROMINENT PROJECTS
- LAURIE HAS SUPPLIED BODY ART FOR:
- Eryk Photography: Pepsi Promotion - Magazine Coverage
- Eryk Photography: Farmers Union Yoghurt - Magazine Coverage
- Eryk Photography: Levis Jeans - Magazine Coverage & Billboard
- Stuart Crossett Photography: Mercedes Benz - Billboard
- Big Studio: TXU Gas - Billboard
- TDK: Billboard - Robbie Williams Tribute
- Daylight Studios: Dachet Jeans - Magazine Coverage
- Mojo Partners: Alpine Cigarettes - On Site Promotion
- Windsor Smith: In house Promotional Posters and Billboards
- Insight Studios: Telstra - Newspaper Ads and Billboards
- Vodophone: On Site Promotions
- PTO Clothing (Sister Store/Suzanne): Regular in-store promotions in Body Art
- Tony Southwell: Nascar - Thunderdome Magazine Cover & Calendar
- Jo Howe - Store Opening Promotion: Body Art/Neighbour’s & Homicide’s Daniel McPherson - Clipping of the Promotion published in The Herald Sun
- Gerard O’Connor Photography: DNA Magazine for Actor - Damian Walshe-Howling of Blue Healers & Underbelly
- Fox FM - Chelsea Bellinger: Regular appearances to supply Body Art to listeners at their Rooftop Concerts - Human Nature, The Mavis’s etc..
- Melbourne Museum for the duration of their 2000/2001 Body Art Exhibition, Laurie conducted: Henna Demonstrations & Henna Workshops.
Other projects have included:
- Delta Goodrum,
- Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Launch,
- Regular VIP events at Crown Casino,
- Melbourne Football Club,
- Loreal Fashion Week
- and many more
TELEVISION: BODY ART & INTERVIEWS
- Channel 31: The Music Show - Interview/Demonstration
- Foxtel: In Fashion - Intervew & Demonstration with Rove
- Channel 10: The Rove Show - Demonstration
- Channel 9: Abbathon - Body Art
- NEWSPAPER & MAGAZINE ARTICLES
- Herald/Sun: Sunday Magazine - Interview, Editorial
- MX: Magazine - Interview on Henna Body Art
- MX: Magazine - Body Art for Delta Goodrum
- Hair Health & Beauty: Article on Laurie’s business Fantasy For Flesh Graphic Body Arts - Full Colour Editorial - Journalist: Helen Winduss