After a sabbatical of a year or so, Trude Aspeling is once again emerging as the unique artist that she is, presenting her art with the character of someone who is maturing and developing with the music, this time pitching the music on a slightly gospel inspired turf covering jazz standards and tasteful contemporary pieces with her inimitable jazz approach. Aspeling has always believed music to be primarily a spiritual tool as well as something which conveys the "Good News", something which inspires and hopefully changes peoples' emotions and ideas, as well as brings about hope for the better.
In spite of her absence, Aspeling has recently once again done some impressive things which have included singing in the company of Dakota Staton in New York and singing for Bishop Tutu in Canada in 2000. She also recently performed with the distinguished Bob Sedergreen at the International Winter world Music Festival, the International Jazz Festival in Melbourne in '99 as well as Corroboree 2000, a live concert at the Aqua Shell Darling Harbour. Aspeling also has some offers forthcoming in Europe which she is considering.
Trude has re-emerged on the local scene where she ha s once again become a regular at premier jazz venues like Casey's in Glebe, the Sackville hotel and the the Unity hotel at Balmain where she presents an exciting mix of jazz, blues, Gospel, South Africanmusic and Reggae.
She recently graced the world stage at Hyde Park for Sydney's Big New Year's Eve Gig where she got the whole of Hyde Park jumping!
Here is a sample of the range of performance spaces she has covered. (Only major performances have been presented).
- Featured Artist, Ronnie Scotts London.
- Jazz Vocalist in Classical series, "Virtuosi in the Vestibule" - Sydney Town Hall Bicentennial
- Perth Festival
- Jimmy Barnes Flesh and Wood Album, Featured Backup Vocalist "Coca Cola Music Awards" GTV9
- Soloist for the opening and closing of Australian Council for refugees conference 1998 hosted by the Minister for Immigration Mr. Phillip Ruddock
- Soloist for UNHCR Conference Canberra 1998
- Arts Alive International South Africa Featured Soloist 1997
- Support for Baaba Maal Orlando Stadium
- Buddy Holly Story, Lead Vocalist, Actress, Dancer, and Backup Vocalist 1991 - 1994
- Apollo Bay Festival, Victoria featured World Music Artist as well as Gospel Artist
- Carnivale, 1995 - 1998, featured South African Artist World Music Opera House Metropolitan Launch
- The Rocks World Music Festival Featured Artist 1994 - 1998
- Reconciliation Concert, Redfern Park 1998
- Melbourne Commonwealth Games 2001 bid, Featured Soloist with Peter Gaudion Blues Express
- ABC Concert Artist, Radio National, Triple J
- State Theatre Concert 1999 Sydney Festival, Featured Artist supporting Celia Cruz
- Melbourne International Arts Festival 1995
- Basement Sydney, featured Artist
- Sydney Festival soloist ('97-'99)
- Tributes to Gershwin and Irving Berlin at the Sydney Town Hall, featured soloist with orchestral accompaniment
- Concert for Kenya at Balmain Town Hall, 2002
- Concert for Timor at the Performance Space Sydney, 2002
Hyde Park main stage for New Year's Eve 2002