Rudolph's Recruits Christmas Musical Extravaganza
by Tony Appleby B.Ed
Music by Tony Appleby B.Ed & Tim Smith Dip.Ed
Available: Term 4 (November and December) 2009
Primary: Kinder/Prep to Grade 6
Duration: 50 minutes
Key Themes & Topics: Christmas, teamwork, problem solving, stereotypes, friendships, australian fauna.
Key Learning Areas: Drama, music, science, textiles, student welfare.
A captivating way to end any primary school year! Rudolph’s Recruits is an entertaining performance incorporating original and traditional Christmas themes. Can be used to assist students in developing their own creative ideas for dance, drama and music performances during the Christmas period.
The fully staged musical includes:
- debrief & question time with the performers after the show
- cast of three performing 10 song and dance numbers in varying music styles: six original songs for each of the Australian animal characters, a variation of I've Been Everywhere Man, and three well known Christmas songs students can sing along to (Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, Santa Claus is Coming to Town and We Wish You a Merry Christmas)
- low portable stage – 30 cm high, 4 meters wide, 2 meters deep
- full sound system appropriate for audiences of 400 students per session
- stage lighting
- free standing back drop curtain & audience area marked out by the performers
- eleven different costume characters.
“Lots of audience interaction, kids enthralled whole session...Suits the silly season!”
Primary School , VIC.
“Really fabulous! Very entertaining. Great costumes – gave children ideas for own performances.”
Primary School , NSW.