We are a contemporary mixed voice ensemble of 20 - 30 singers. We sing four part harmony, being soprano, alto, tenor and bass. With our wide repertoire from sacred to soft rock, high standard and polished performance, we will add flair to all occasions.
We are available to entertain you at your function, whether it be a wedding, renewal of vows, christening, conference, fund raising event, birthday party, Christmas party, at your office, your home or your local hall. We are available for evening and weekend functions in or near Brisbane (we will consider travelling to the Gold Coast, the Sunshine Coast, Ipswich and Toowoomba). We can provide our own keyboard if no piano is available. We do not provide our own amplification.
One of our popular features in recent years has been to write and perform songs especially for your function. For Relationships Australia, Toastmasters, Lions, Rotary we have taken a popular song, changed the words to make it relevant and humorous for our guests and performed it at their function, to great acclaim. We can do that for you too.
Parodies written and performed to date include: ·
- (To the music of) "Rhythm of Life" for Relationships Australia ·
- "I Believe" for Relationships Australia ·
- "The Lumberjack Song" for Relationships Australia ·
- "C'mon Aussie C'mon" for Relationships Australia ·
- A personalised Christmas present to the music of "California Dreaming" · "When The Foeman Bears His Steel" for Rotary ·
- "I Am Woman" for Lions ·
- "Glory Glory Hallelujah" for Toastmasters
We have performed at
- nursing homes,
- retirement villages,
- at Christenings,
- at the Nazereth House Easter service
- and on several occasions at the Albert Street Uniting Church in Brisbane In 2003
- we were guest artists at the Brisbane Musical Theatre Competition at Kedron Wavell Services Club.
- We have been regularly invited to sing at the Gumdale 'Carols By Candlelight', and in 2006 performed for Lions at their 'Carols By Candlelight' at Wynnum.
We have been invited guests at corporate events for
- Relationships Australia,
- Peakcare Queensland
- and Lions of Moreton Bay.
We have twice performed at the Wynnum Choral Society Musicales in 2005 and 2006, when we included songs written especially for Rotary and Lions, who were the guests of honour at those concerts. Bi-annually we sing at the "Here's to life" concerts at Cleveland.
We were recently recorded for Bris 31, Brisbane’s local Television channel. We have competed in Eisteddfods, culminating in winning first place in the 2006 Brisbane Eisteddfod, Sacred section.
Our repertoire includes ·
- GYPSY ROVER
- I AM AUSTRALIAN ·
- PEOPLE GET READY
- ALL I HAVE TO DO IS DREAM ·
- WHEN I FALL IN LOVE
- CAN YOU FEEL THE LOVE TONIGHT ·
- RHYTHM OF LIFE
- ROCK AROUND THE CLOCK ·
- STEPPING OUT WITH MY BABY
- CALIFORNIA DREAMING ·
- CHAPEL OF LOVE
- I'VE ONLY JUST BEGUN ·
- TURN THE LIGHTS ON
- WALKING MY BABY BACK HOME ·
- RED RED ROSE
- UNCHAINED MELODY ·
- SKYE BOAT SONG
- I BELIEVE ·
- WADE IN THE WATER
- JAVA JIVE ·
- ANNIE'S SONG
- FIELDS OF GO