Retiring from the AFL in 2004 with 162 games in 10 years for Hawthorn and Carlton, Daniel has become a respected commentator on sport and made a seamless transition into all forms of the media.
- Daniel is a Life Member of the Hawthorn Football Club and also played for the Carlton Football Club
- His first AFL Game was in 1995 (Round 10 vs Carlton)
- Recruited from Northern Knights (VSFL U18's) in 1995 - No. 8 Selection in the 1994 National Draft
- Played 162 AFL Games and kicked 63 goals
- Captain of the Victoria Metropolitan Teal Cup Team
- All Australian Teal Cup (Under 17) team
- Victorian representative in the AFL State of Origin as a 20 year old
- He has received numerous club awards including; Most Courageous Player: 1996, 2nd Best & Fairest; 1997, 3rd Best & Fairest; 2000, and Best Finals Player; 2000
Since retiring, Daniel has been a member of the Triple M football team; covered the US Masters and the Australian Masters Golf tournaments; remains SkyChannel's AFL expert; co-hosted Network 10's "BEYOND THE BOUNDARY" and the exciting car show "TEST DRIVE", on Channel 9.
He is really making a name though on Melbourne sports radio station 1116 SEN where he hosts his own show on Sunday mornings and is an integral part of their AFL coverage along with neing a regular replacement host for all shifts across the network.