THE FREEDMAN BROTHERS
Melbourne, VIC, Australia
The Freedman Brothers (Lee, Richard, Anthony and Michael) have made their stamp on horse racing and sport in general. They are sought after speakers and will be a talking point at any corporate function or event.
- The Freedman Brothers are the new horse racing dynasty in Australia, with a remarkable ten (10) wins in Australia's three greatest races, The Melbourne Cup (3), Caulfield Cup (3) and Golden Slipper (4).
- The four brothers are a unique and formidable combination in Australian racing, controlling exclusive training operations at Caulfield Racecourse. These first class stables have become a benchmark in racing with true state of the art facilities.
- Born at their parents' thoroughbred stud in Yass, NSW, the Freedman brothers moved to Melbourne in 1984 and from then have never looked back. In 1986 they won his first Group One race with Miss Clipper in the 1986 SAJC Australasian Oaks at Morphettville in South Australia.
- Anthony and Lee Freedman were the first to push into first class training from their Melbourne base and have been joined by Michael and Richard. Some of the great horses trained by Lee and his brothers include Super Impose, Naturalism, Schillaci, Doriemus, Northwood Plume, Mannerism, Merlene, Marble Halls, Gold Ace, Mahogany, Flying Spur, Count Chivas, Paris Lane, and Kensington Palace.
- Today, Lee, Anthony and Michael run the stables whilst Richard pursues business development opportunities whislt also enjoying a role in the media.
- The brothers' favourite tracks are Flemington and Randwick, while their favourite sports outside racing are AFL and golf. All the brothers share the same ambition, to win some of the world's biggest overseas races, including the Arc de Triomphe in Paris , The Japan Cup, and the World Cup in Dubai. Closer to home, the Freedman's are keen to go after Tommy Smith's record of 279 Group One winners, followed by Bart Cummings with 227.
- With their 80 Group One winners, the Freedman's have won prize money worth more than $55 million, with the latest win being the VRC Oaks (G1) with Kensington Palace at Flemington.
- The Freedman Brothers also plan to expand their range of commercial interests in property development, media and entertainment.
Share on Facebook