The Hard Way are- Dave Miles on guitar and vocals;
Beginning in 1976 in punk bands
, through until the present day, Dave hasn't stopped gigging.
He's played music in every State and territory except Tasmania. Need to remedy that...
Dave has shared the stage with bands such as The Angels(1979,1985,1998,1999); Dragon (1986 with Tommy Emmanuel); Stevie Wright (1986); The Wreckery (1989); The Hitmen (1989); The Sunnyboys (1988); The Screaming Tribesmen (1989)
Mental as Anything (1998); Swannee (1997); Eric Burden, James Reyne, Joe Camilleri, Richard Clapton, Billy Thorpe (RIP) and numerous others (StormAid, Wollongong 1998)
How many gigs? He stopped counting at 1000- that was in 1995
He is also a member of "The Prairie Oysters"
most popular country band (CMGA Award winners 2005/2007/2009)Tony Bonnici on bass and vocals;
Tony has been playing in bands around Melbourne and regional Victoria since the mid 70s gaining a reputation as a versatile singer and musician. Tony is also a song writer and producer who has worked in many parts of the recording and broadcast industry. His bass playing and powerful vocals are crucial to the band’s sound, providing “grunt” to the overall sound of The Hard Way. Tony also plays with Dave in THE PRAIRIE OYSTERS.
Darren McCarthy on drums;
Darren comes originally from St George territory in Sydney
. But don't hold that against him...
He's been playing gigs since the early 80's in Sydney outfits, sharing the stage with the legendary Cold Chisel, Matt Finish, Radiators and many more.
Since settling in Melbourne, Darren has been an in demand drummer
in a plethora of bands before joining The Hard Way in 2006.
He also plays in the Stones-inspired "Jagger's Banquet"Dave Miles and The Hard Way
have clocked up hundreds of gigs in the time they have been in Melbourne; playing pubs, RSL's and 40th and 50th parties.
This year the boys are focusing on playing out to the country town audiences of regional Victoria and NSW.
Here is a partial setlist from a typical gig
- You Wreck Me-- Tom Petty
- Suzi Q-- CCR
- All Over Now-- Rolling Stones
- Bad to the Bone-- George Thorogood
- Pride and Joy--Stevie Ray Vaughan
- Ever Seen the Rain--CCR
- Last Dance with Mary Jane-- Tom Petty
- Dumb Things-- Paul Kelly
- Your Cheatin' Heart-- Hank Williams
- Sweet Guy-- Paul Kelly
- Green River-- CCR
- Dead Flowers-- Rolling Stones
- Won't Back Down-- Tom Petty
- Old Man down the Road-- John Fogerty
- Devil's Right Hand-- Steve Earle
- Fortunate Son-- CCR
- Who Do You Love/Not Fade Away-- Bo Diddley/Buddy Holly
- Folsom Prison Blues-- Johnny Cash
- Ghost Ships-- The Saints
- Mustang Sally-- Wilson Pickett
- Ring of Fire-- Johnny Cash
- Like Fire Would-- The Saints
- Mercury Blues-- Steve Miller
- 6 Days on the Road-- Dave Dudley
- Running Down a Dream-- Tom Petty
- Treat Her Right-- George Thorogood/Roy Head
- To Her Door-- Paul Kelly
- Dog Eat Dog-- AC/DC
- Brand New Cadillac-- The Clash
- Keep Your Hands to Yourself-- Georgia Satellites
- Darling it Hurts-- Paul Kelly
- Money-- The Beatles
- Copperhead Road-- Steve Earle
- Pouring Petrol on a Burning Man-- Paul Kelly
- Sympathy for The Devil-- Rolling Stones
- Brown Eyed Girl-- Van Morrison
- Sweet Home Alabama/Werewolves of London-- Lynyrd Skynyrd/Warren Zevon
- Wild Side of Life-- Hank Williams
plus a whole pile more...